12-STEP REHAB PROGRAM
AT ROOTS RECOVERY IN MILWAUKEE, WI
Building Fellowships that Last a Lifetime
Milwaukee 12-Step Rehab Program
At Roots Recovery, our mission is to provide clients with the tools, fellowship, and support they need to get sober and live healthy, successful lives in recovery. One of the tools that we integrate throughout rehab is our 12-Step programming, both because of its ability to help our clients track their progress through their recovery, and because it empowers clients to make manageable — yet meaningful — changes in their lives.
The History of the 12 Steps
One of the greatest things about the 12 Steps is that they are designed to be adapted so that you can engage with them on an individual level. They are flexible, meaning that you can move through the steps at your own pace.
Schedule a Confidential Consultation
Talk to Someone Who Understands What You’re Going Through
What Are the 12 Steps?
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
How Are 12 Steps Used
at Roots Recovery
We direct Roots Recovery clients to 12-Step meetings that are positive, goal-oriented, and helpful. We also encourage our clients to become increasingly involved in meetings and find a sponsor who can mentor them through the 12-step principles. While clients can find their sponsor however they choose, we’ll provide them with the contact information of community sponsors that we’ve worked with successfully in the past.
Do the 12 Steps Work?
Because participation in 12-Step programs is anonymous and it’s generally a lifelong activity for those in recovery, it’s difficult to quantify just how successful the 12 Steps really are. However, the adoption of the 12 Steps by addiction rehab centers around the world speaks to the level that addiction treatment community believes in the tenets of the 12 Steps.
Over the years, we’ve seen firsthand the power of the 12 Steps in helping our clients not only overcome addiction, but find acceptance, accountability, respect, and inner peace. This is why we integrate the 12 Steps into each of our Addiction Treatment Programs, and why it’s such a crucial part of our Sober Living Program in Milwaukee.
Heal from Addiction & Maintain Your Sobriety
with Roots Recovery
We believe that 12-step programs are unique because while you’re surrounded by some people who have years of sobriety under their belt and others who may only be days or weeks into their recovery, you’ll find that everyone, regardless of their tenure, is committed to helping and supporting each other. This selfless approach to recovery is what fuels the lasting fellowship that clients experience at Roots Recovery.